Friday, April 14, 2006

PROSTATE CANCER


I'm so tired now. My back is aching because I was carrying 18L of water into my room. This is what I do once a week. It's my water supply to drink. I'm so used to drinking reversed osmosis water and now I just can't drink normal tap water anymore because it taste so different from RO water.

I went to hospital today and was alloted a case as usual. Today the patient was a male patient of 73 years old. He was educated by the way he talked to me. He was diagnosed to have prostate cancer since 4 years back. And sadly the cancer cells has spread to other organs in his body including his bones. Now he's having severe pain whenever he moves. He was telling me that he is ready to go. But he wants to leave this world peacefuly. It was sad to know that his body is being eaten up by the cancer cells slowly but surely. He was being very strong. And he kept repeating that he is willing to die anytime at all.

Prostate is a gland found only in males. Most of the prostate enlargements are of benign type. Easier way to describe it is that it is nothing to be worried about. But if you are unlucky, it might be a malignant (something to be very worried about).

This problem can affect any men. Mosly of age 50 and above. Early detetction is important. The first symptom that you should be aware is increased in frequency of micturition especially at night. There are other symptoms such as when you feel urgency in micturition and that you are not very satisfied with the urination that when you feel there are still more urine in your bladder only that it is not coming out. Also poor ejaculation. If this happens to you then you will have to go straight away to the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment