Friday, November 04, 2005

Saturday 5/11/05

It's the 3rd day of Eid today.And I'm still very tired from cooking for the first 2 days of Eid.I had fun cooking.I love to cook.Yesterday I received 2 Eid cards from my family.1 was from mom and dad and another was from my 9 year old sister.She drew a picture of me and hers.And another picture of hers crying.She wrote next to it that she's crying because she misses me so much and I couldn't join her during Eid at home.I was deeply touched and I cried too.I miss my family too much now.

A day before Eid I went to visit the old folks home.It was a sad to see them.I get to chat with a few of them.None of them looked as if they are getting senile or anything.They were healthy and they were glad to have us as visitors.1 of the ladies was my classmate's grandmother and if anyone ever knew that I leave her there behind I surely will be so embarrased.

Most of the ladies and gents there lived alone before they came to this home.They are a little glad that they are in that home because they find it to be a much better place to be compared when they have to be all alone by themselves.We might think that it's inhumane to leave your old folks in this home but come to think of it.They might have a better life there.As they will have someone to talk to.Like being young again.Like us staying in hostels and mixing up with people our age.And I think most of them there think the same.

But there were a few who regretted it too much and they are just giving up hope to live.They are much too sad to be left out and sent there and never been visited by their own family members.It is most unfortunate and i hope never will I ever turn down my parents or any of my family members to any of these places.

Before we left we handed them gifts and 1 of the ladies gave me flowers that Indians use to stick into the hair bun and I tied it to my hair.It surely was a good experiance and I'm planning to go back there once again before i leave Manipal for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment