Saturday, October 15, 2005

Saturday...Finally

Wow,what a tiring week it was.I'm sure glad that its now Saturday.Sunday will just slip away too fast and the moment you know it,its already Monday..sigh...and there goes the cycle of our days :)

I just downloaded some of minus ones my friend sent to me for my singing competition.I love singing.Cos I love to entertain people with my singing.I hope one day I can be well known with my singing and I will do some charity work with my talent.

But anyway,today we didnt do much during surgery posting.We went to the urology department and was introduced to some of the patients over there.There was a 35 year old male who had urinary retention.He had a spinal cord infection a few years back and it has affected his nervous system that controls his bladder action.Oh yeah,he had transverse myelitis.Poor guy,so you guys must make sure you wont get into any accidents like this.Must love your back.Cos thats where your spine and spinal cord is.Another patient had a hydronephrotic kidney.Here the kidney is enlarged and is filled with fluid because the urinary tract is blocked.So he had his kidney removed.He will survive with only one kidney but the poor surviving kidney will have to work really hard to compensate the loss.

And then we went to the ESML room where we saw a machine that is used to break off kidney stones without doing surgeries.But this procedure can only be done if the kidney stones are small.And later we were introduced to an ultrascan machine where we can see the organs in the body.And a friend of mine showed us her polycystic kidney that she has had since small.She has an autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) which her dad has got too.It was difficult to appreciate the kidney with the ultrascanner.But i did see the small balloon like structures at the poles of her kidneys.It was really something,to actually get to see all that right in front of you.But my friend is alright.She said she just have to keep calm and not be under stress or it may get worse.And the sad part is that theres no cure for it.

But i believe there is a cure for everything.And surely one day we will discover many things in medicine which may help save many more lives.But we all must try to prevent getting into any troubles.Remember,prevention is better than cure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment